Our saferooms work. Not only have they passed all rigorous tornado impact testing at Texas Tech University, our storm shelters have also been through numerous actual tornadoes, including over a dozen EF4 and EF5-rated storms.
Each time our shelters did exactly what we designed them to do. They never budged or buckled, stayed firmly in place, and protected the people inside from the forces of these deadly storms.
We’re proud of the quality of our storm shelters. Our shelters are fully-engineered, complete with stamped drawings, are FEMA/ICC500 compliant, and meet or exceed every safety standard for above ground storm shelters in the United States.
Direct Hit Survival Timeline
FamilySAFE saferooms survived each of these storms.
- F4/F5 May 8, 2003 Moore/Dell City OK
- EF4 Feb 5, 2008 Savannah/Franklin Tenn
- EF4 Feb 5, 2008 Jackson Tenn
- EF4 April 27, 2011 Birmingham AL
- EF4/EF5 May 24, 2011 Piedmont OK
- EF5 May 20, 2013 Moore OK